Sibling & Adult Children  |  Dependent Children  |  Relationships  |  Parents
sepa 35
 Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” Jane Howard

At McLeod & Associates we love working with families, and we especially enjoy bringing families together through permanent residence to live, work and play in New Zealand. Whether you’re in a relationship with a New Zealander, or you’re a parent wanting to reunite with your children, or you’re wanting to bring your children or siblings to live here, we offer some of the best immigration packages available for our family clients.

With an unrivalled track-record in winning family cases, we believe that family migration doesn’t need to be the uncertain, stressful and anxiety-ridden process that many people experience - so long as it is planned carefully and delivered professionally. To our family clients we deliver detailed evaluations of eligibility, a meticulous strategy for our applications and an efficient filing and follow-up system – all within a warm, friendly and caring environment.

If you’re wondering what’s available for bringing your loved ones to New Zealand, we have extensive experience in finding permanent residence solutions in the following categories:

Sibling & Adult Children

You can secure permanent residence for a sibling or adult child under the Family (Parent or Sibling) Category if they are the last remaining family member living in their home country and they have an acceptable offer of full-time employment in New Zealand that meets Immigration NZ’s “minimum income requirement”. As their sponsor, you must also have been a New Zealand permanent resident for at least 3 years.

To be “acceptable”, the job offer must generally be for genuine, full-time, ongoing and sustainable employment with a single employer and for a job that is paid by salary or wages. As the job offer must also remain current up until the time that the residence application is processed and approved, it is important to ensure that the employer making the job offer is prepared to keep it open for anywhere up to 2 years, given the delays on the part of Immigration New Zealand in processing these types of applications.

Contact us now to find out how your brother, sister, or adult children may qualify under this category.

Back to Top

Dependent Children

If you’re a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident with a dependent child living overseas, they may also qualify for permanent residence if they are single, have no dependent children of their own and are aged 24 years or younger at the time of their application. Proof of actual dependence may be required – and the requirements will become more stringent if your children are aged in their twenties. There are also strict legal consent requirements to meet if you are separated or divorced from your child’s mother or father.

Contact us now to find out how to bring your children permanently to New Zealand.

Back to Top

sepa 35


If you’re the partner or spouse of a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and have lived with them in a genuine and stable relationship for 12 months or more, this permanent residence category is for you. The evidential requirements for satisfying Immigration New Zealand that your relationship is a legitimate one can be quite extensive, and so before you and your loved one take the plunge it is important to get professional immigration advice from experts who have extensive knowledge of the policy.

We offer a special “Relationship Work-to-Residence” package to enable your partner or spouse can live, work and play in New Zealand on a temporary visa whilst await the outcome of their Residence application.

Contact us to find out how to plan for securing permanent residence for your nearest-and-dearest.

Back to Top


If you’re a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and wish to bring your parents permanently to New Zealand, there are two ways for them to qualify:

  1. Family Parent Residence Category

If you’re a New Zealand or Australian citizen and you’ve held New Zealand permanent residence for 3 years, meet Immigration New Zealand’s “minimum income requirement”, and either (a) you have no other siblings living in your parents’ home country or (b) the “centre of gravity” for your siblings is in New Zealand, then your parents may qualify for permanent residence here.

Processing times for Family Parent Category residence applications can be anywhere up to 2 years in duration. During the processing period, we can secure 30 month Parent Visitor Visas for your parents to enable them to spend up to 18 months with you in New Zealand while awaiting the outcome of their residence applications.

Contact us for a full assessment of your parents’ eligibility for residence.

  1. Parent Retirement Residence Category

This residence category now provides a fast-track way for New Zealand permanent residents to get residence for their parents, without having to wait the usual 3 year stand-down period before being eligible to sponsor them.

To be eligible, your parents will need to invest NZ$1 million in New Zealand for 4 years, have NZ$500,000 in settlement funds and an annual income of NZ$60,000, and meet Immigration New Zealand’s “centre of gravity” definition.

Contact us now to find out if your parents qualify.

Back to Top

sepa 35

   Copyright 2013 Live Work Play NZ. All Rights Reserved.
   Designed by Iguchi & Co    Developed by Channel Strategy

                                                      Connect with us    linkedin    facebook